Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tuesday Morning Sketches #347 Featuring Lacy Sunshine


Hello again!  I've had a great week.  Spring break has started for my kids and they get the rest of this week off school. We just got back from an overnight trip and I think we might take more just to keep the kids busy.  My daughter is interested in art journaling, so we have been working on some techniques together.  This week instead of making a card to follow the latest Tuesday Morning Sketch, I have an art journal page for you.


We also have Lacy Sunshine Stamps as our sponsor this week.  They have so many fun images!


I have used Mermella Steampunk Siren from Lacy Sunshine Stamps.  I was drawn to this image of the mermaid with the mechanical octopus because it reminds me of some of my favorite books.  I like steampunk and paranormal books.  One of my favorite series is steampunk paranormal.  Although the books does not have any mermaids, they do have werewolves, vampires and ghosts, as well as an "Order of the Octopus" and a mechanical octopus called an "octomaton."

Mermella does have a fishing net, but I didn't include it when I fussy cut her to go into my art journal.

´


You have through Sunday, April 17 to play along with this sketch.  Please visit my fellow Tuesday Morning Sketches Teammates to see what they have made to inspire you this week!




I'd like to enter my art journal into Crafting With an Attitude Challenge #14 and to Lacy Sunshine Anything Goes Biweekly challenge.  I just saw that they have some of the cutest gnomes.  I told you that I like fantasy creatures!

6 comments:

Jenée said...

That is quite a "unique" image that you had. You did a good job of using it. Definitely like the idea of an art journal -- fun, fun, fun!

Patti said...

This is such a cool mixed media steam punk look that goes perfect with the mermaid. What a great idea to do a journaling page too, enjoy the week with your kiddos! :o)

Kris B said...

What a wonderful art journal page! The coloring on the mermaid is beautiful! Fantastic mixed media piece!

Wanda said...

I love your art journal page. Perfect layout for this mermaid creature.

Mel said...

Fabulous art journal, love it! Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Melissa Craig said...

Very cool! One day I'll understand what art journaling is. LOL This looks so cool, though - the patterns, textures and the image. Wow!